Participate in a safety community with a focus on innovative practices and solutions to optimize patient care and quality outcomes. A faculty of distinguished patient-safety experts will lead engaging and interactive sessions.
The Medication Safety educational programming provides you the following unique opportunities:
- Sharpen your skills with powerful content specific to your area of practice.
- Make personal connections with both pharmacy peers and leaders in an intimate setting designed to incite meaningful networking.
- Advance your practice with contemporary and practical knowledge you can immediately take back and implement into your organization.
Who Should Attend?
- Front-line staff including pharmacy technicians
- Patient safety officers
- Medication safety officers
- Quality professionals
- Risk managers
Learn the top safety concerns, get updates from the Joint Commission, discover scalable solutions to improve safety and quality, and hear real-life examples of solutions on priority issues — all while engaging and networking with other safety professionals.
Four Meetings. One Unifying Event.
Attendees who choose Medication Safety as their primary community will have full access to all of the sessions and events happening at the Community Pharmacy and Ambulatory Care, Influencers and Innovators, and Specialty Pharmacy meetings as well. Customize your experience — stay in your community or attend any individual sessions of interest across the four communities.
Join us this June in Baltimore where you can BE MORE by participating in bold and innovative education and networking.
Schedule at a Glance
The 2023 ASHP Summer Meetings Medication Safety community has been planned with a theme: Recognizing we are fallible humans who need support in order to be resilient. Attendees will be provided the tools to help themselves, their co-workers, and their patients in several interactive workshop sessions. Faculty are educating attendees on the top safety issues and concerns, but are doing it in a fun way, recognizing it is okay to acknowledge and accept there's a certain level of burnout and we need a chance to have fun and connect with our peers. Earn up to 19 contact hours (1.9 CEUs) in this engaging community.
Top safety concerns
- Joint Commission Update 2023
- Triple Play for Safety: ISMP 2023 Update
- When Our Systems Fail Us
- Jeopardy for Safety
- Double Jeopardy for Safety
- Responding to Harm in Healthcare, Part 1 & 2
- Through and Beyond a Sentinel Event: A Second Victims Workshop
- Stay Safe: An Interactive Disaster Preparation Workshop for the Pharmacy Team, Part 1 & 2