ASHP is actively monitoring the evolving situation with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). We are committed to hosting a successful Summer Meetings & Exhibition this June, with our top priority being the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, and delegates. We also recognize that the COVID-19 crisis is resulting in dramatic measures, including school closures and limitations on large gatherings in Seattle, to slow the pandemic. At this moment it is too early to make a final decision on the Summer Meetings, but we are prepared to make a difficult decision if there is any risk to our participants.
As part of our ongoing planning for our Summer Meetings, ASHP will continue to:
- follow guidance and recommended safety measures of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Washington State Department of Health, and the World Health Organization; and
- work with the City of Seattle, The Washington State Convention Center, airport authority, and area hotels to coordinate appropriate safety procedures as needed
We recognize that, as an emerging illness, the COVID-19 situation continues to change rapidly. We encourage our members and attendees to review information from these continually updated resources:
- ASHP COVID-19 Resource Center
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Washington State Convention Center
- Visit Seattle
Updates and new information will be posted to this page as available.
Last Updated on March 13, 2020